Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dappled Bay?

I finally got to visit Emi today! It's been at least 3 weeks since I last saw her. She was a bit standoffish at first but by the time we were done we were good buddies again. She's starting to shed and is turning a lovely dark bay color....and appears to have dapples! Her mom is covered in dapples and I'm hoping that Emi will be too. That would be super cool. I like her current color but the new dark bay really is lovely. She got to transition into a weanling halter today. It's an old halter that used to be used on Pants. I bought it from April at the beginning of May, before I even knew about Emi. It was fun to use it on her today. She led quite well and seems to really be getting the hang of it. I also measured her today and she's 10.3hh. She was 10.1hh about 5 weeks ago. She seems to be growing pretty evenly and I think she's looking really good. 

She's getting so big!
Pretty head

I like the looks of that uphill canter. I can't wait to ride it one of these days!

16 comments:

  1. Ah, I love baby pictures. I remember Roscoe doing the quick growth spurts.I hope she gets the dapples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so too. It will be so fun to see her all shed out next spring.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm SO happy to have my hair growing back out. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah, she will be dappled!! How cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so! I think her mother is gorgeous with all of her dapples.

      Delete
  4. Connor's breeder had a filly born this summer that has that color baby coat, but is just starting to shed the tips of her ears into a bay color. She is growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! What a great experience to watch her grow and change :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it's been really fun!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely canter! She's looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm thinking! It's nice to see her growing so well.

      Delete
  7. She's getting so big!!! Cauuute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I can only imagine how cute she's going to be all grown up. :)

      Delete
  8. She already looks cobby and adorable. Bet she grows hair like crazy this winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bet she will be like a yak! She and Roz should be quite the pair. He grows quite a coat for a TB.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!