Saturday, October 12, 2013

Almost There

It's almost time for Miss Emi to be weaned and head home. It's going to be weird to skip my weekly trips down to see her. She's starting to get a lot of hair, and continues to get taller. We measured her today and she was 11.3 (and a half) hands. Cardi and Chloe are both 14.3hh so I hope that she will reach that height. We brushed, led, measured, and visted. I'm looking forward to her homecoming in a couple more weeks. I will be out of town next weekend so no more visits until after that. Then there will be one weekend prior to her coming home. Time flies when you are having fun! 
I LOVE Emi's mom. She's an awesome mare. 
Me scratching Emi, who's grooming her mom. These girls are too cute!
Neither of these are the perfect photo but you get the idea. 
In other news, Roz ripped his brand new Amigo Mio blanket. This goes hand in hand with Cob Jockey's post regarding blanket quality. Ugh! I'm so not impressed, and he's not even hard on his blanekets. He has a Rhino that I've had for over 5 years, and it's still going strong.

6 comments:

  1. She's super cute! I had the same experience with my amigo. It wasn't a huge rip but it had one almost immediately. Total waste of money in my opinion. I was able to get it to make it through the season and then handed it down to someone else for $30- which covered what it cost to have it cleaned and like 10. :(

    Can't wait to watch little emi grow up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. That is so frustrating!!! I won't be doing that again.

      Delete
  2. Where did you get the blanket? Hopefully they will take it back, because that sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it through Victory Canter. I thought I'd at least contact them and see what they say. It's so annoying and what a waste of my money!

      Delete
  3. Noooooooo don't tell me the Amigo ripped! Although I guess mine is the Amigo 12 Bravo - is that different from the Amigo Mio? I am so worried, since this winter Connor is turned out with his rambunctious best friend and his hide is peppered with marks from the two of them playing like grade school boys - can't imagine what that blanket will look like. I hope they take it back!

    That's so exciting to be preparing for Emi to come home! Baby Cobs are the best - I say after I waterskiied behind two of them at a show this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the Amigo Mio is 600 denier so I'd say yours is a better quality. Hopefully it holds up!

      I'm glad you are still saying baby cobs are the best after your weekend. Emi was a little sassy while leading this last weekend. Thankfully she's still fairly small so it's not as bad as some of the crazy OTTB's I've dealt with. :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!