Sunday, October 27, 2013

Favorite Thing

I'm fairly certain if Roz could talk he would tell me that trail riding is his favorite riding activity. Tarra and I hit the trails this afternoon and Roz was so ready to go. He walked as fast as he could for over the first mile. We practiced some halts and walked back to Tarra and Mystic a couple of times, since we had gotten so far away from them. After a couple miles I was able to ride on the buckle for the rest of the ride. We enjoyed a relaxing 5 mile walk in the forest and I know it was a good work out for the boys.
I love the view between those ears! 

A rare moment when Mystic took the lead
Two of the best bareback trail riding ponies around. I should also add that I love my cavallo sport boots. Roz is completely comfortable trail riding in them! 
I got a cool horsey update this morning. If you've been following along for a while you will remember Pretty. Apparently she is an excellent polo pony and has even won some awards! She is currently in California but may be sold to some people in Florida soon. I'm so glad she found a place in life. I love getting updates on "my" horses!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful trail! Looks like a place I'd be opening up for a good gallop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I'm going to be moving to a boarding facility with trails and I am so excited. I really miss trail rides.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!