Friday, October 25, 2013

Fun Friday

I love Fridays! I had a busy but good day at work, and was excited to grab my pony and head up to the barn for a ride. I lunged Roz for a bit before hoping on. He was full of it, bucking and playing like a kid. He ended up getting a pretty good work out before I even got on. I kept his actual ride fairly short and enjoyed chatting with Tarra while we worked. Once we finished riding, we let Tolo and Roz loose in the arena to play.  They used to be really good buddies and would play a lot! They didn't do much tonight. I think partially because Roz actually was tired from his work. He didn't seem that interested in engaging with Tolo, even though Tolo did try. I'm really curious to see how he will react to Emi. 

I don't think I've mentioned this but Roz seems to have hives. I'm not sure what's going on but he's probably going to get a vet visit next week. They are mainly on the underside of his neck and chest. He also has some under his chin. They are scabby and itchy. I thought they may be getting better but it seemed like he has more of them tonight. If it's not one things it's another, when you have a horse! Thankfully, other than being happy to have you curry him there, he doesn't seem bothered by them and is acting like his normal self. 





2 comments:

  1. Love the second-to-last shot! Who's who?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't high quality photos but you can get the idea. :) Roz is cantering closest to the camera and Tolo is trotting on the other side of him.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!