Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mom Swap

Tarra and I swapped horse tonight, and we need to do it more often! Although we have ridden each others horses, many times, it's always an adjustment. Our boys are similar in a lot of ways, yet they are all very different rides. Tolo was highly unmotivated tonight, so we plodded around for a bit until I found his go button! He definitely doesn't seem to feel me as well as Tarra. I suppose the change in stirrup length by like 5 or 6 holes may factor in to it. Once I got him going he was great!

The beautiful sky on the way to the barn
Tolo and Roz visiting while we adjusted our stirrups
Roz modeling his new $5 saddle pad
We reminisced about old times with the boys, like this video. Tarra prepped both Roz and Tolo to use for jumping for her High School Equestrian Team.




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! He really doesn't seem to have aged a lot which is cool. I know some day I will wake up and really have an "old" horse, but right now I'm enjoying him as he is.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Tarra is a really elegant rider. How awesome to have such a great horsey friend so close to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's an excellent rider and has improved a lot in the few years since the video was done! It is a huge blessing to have a horsey friend who thinks and rides a lot like I do.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!