Saturday, October 26, 2013

One Week

I made my final trip down to visit Emi today. Next weekend I get to go down and pick her up! She is doing great with being weaned and seems pretty unconcerned. I had an easy time catching her and I took her over to the barn for some grooming. I sprayed detangler on her mane for the first time, and she didn't mind at all. Her mane is pretty much splitting down the middle right now...I think it's going to be out of control! I've been debating what I will do with it once she's under saddle. I will most likely keep it short; although I really don't like pulling it, I do like the "sporty" look. We'll see how it grows over the next couple of years. I have some time before I really have to make a decision!


Cindy suggested that I should practice loading her today, since she will have to load next weekend. She's traveled a few times with her mom, but of course this was her first time loading all by herself. I got some grain and asked her to load up. She moved side to side a little bit before climbing in. It took less than a minute to get her in. I let her eat some grain before unloading her. We did it once more with the same results, and I called it a day.  There's no reason to create a problem when we don't currently have one!



Her weaning buddy, Fory. 
Then we received a gift from Cindy...a beautiful leather halter for when she's grown up! 

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely and special gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was so sweet and thoughtful.

      Delete
  2. She is too fuzzy and cute! So exciting that she gets to go home with you so soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't wait to see her with Roz, he's fuzzy too!

      Delete
  3. She's so fluffy. Can't believe she's coming home already. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she and Roz will be a matched hairy set. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, that halter is truly gorgeous! Good idea on the trailer loading. I don't know if Cindy has had the same experience, but Lisa has never had trouble with the full Cob babies hopping in the trailer. They are like dogs hopping in the car! She had a lot of trouble with a QH/Welsh once a long time ago, and she blamed that incident on the QH half. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't specifically ask but I haven't gotten the impression that she normally has any trouble with loading. Emi has been hauled several times with Chloe and it was never a big deal. I'm so looking forward to having Emi at home with me all the time.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful halter! I'm excited for you to take her home :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!