Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Countdown

The countdown is on until Emi comes home, just 27 days. Novemeber 2nd is her pick up date. My Dad and I spent a couple hours this afternoon laying down hog fuel in the horses paddock to help keep the mud at bay this winter.


The pony spent his time playing in the pasture before getting a chance to scope out his upgraded footing. 
We have a few more "baby proofing" items on the list but we are getting closer to being ready. I found a new feeder I want to try for both of them, but I think I will start with Roz. It's called a Pre-Vent Feeder. It seems like a cool idea and although I haven't had problems with choking, Roz does lose his grain all over the place by taking big mouthfuls and swinging his head around watching what's going on around him. I will report back on it once we've tried it!

3 comments:

  1. AW! I remember baby proofing. Heck we still have to baby proof and he is two. Cobs will find things you never thought to think about. Have you played with trailer loading yet? We had his dam to help him learn, but also used food. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she will find trouble to get in to...baby proofing or not! But I'm doing my best to keep her safe. She has actually gone on at least 3 trailer trips, maybe more. Hopefully it won't be so bad and I'm taking Roz with me to keep her company.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!