Thursday, October 10, 2013

Under Motivated

The title says it all. I've been under motivated this week. I'm not sure what the deal is. Monday I had a doctors appointment and got both my flu shot and my monthly injection of Trelstar. That all went fine and I had my step/sculpt fitness class Monday night. Tuesday I woke up feeling off and just lethargic. I came home after work, skipped riding Roz, and was in bed by 8pm. 10 hours of sleep definitely helped and I felt better yesterday, although I still thought I might be fighting something. Thankfully I woke up fine this morning. Yah!

With no ride on Tuesday Roz has been off work since we went to the beach on Saturday. Lucky for me he's one of the best boys around and you wouldn't know he had most of the week off. I don't know how many of you get the USDF Connection but it's really interesting. The October issue had an article regarding "The Crooked Horse." One of the exercises it talked about was "corner training." (the article starts on page 24) I've started doing it with Roz and it really works! Who would have thought?! We really had an excellent ride tonight; working a lot on transitions, and moving his body around. His leg yields are getting better and his canter was the strongest it's felt since being back to work. He definitely has an easier time tracking left than he does right but it's improving.

23 days until Emi comes home!

2 comments:

  1. I always blame it on the weather/daylight this time of year. Our bodies are telling us to hibernate and we have to stick to the same schedule no matter what. Hang in there and don't feel bad about feeling bad!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!