Sunday, November 10, 2013

Beautiful Day

It was a beautiful day here in Oregon. The sun was out and it was even warm! I took the opportunity to take Roz and Emi back out in the field. Emi enjoyed playing and they both did some grazing. That girl can move! I thought I had gotten some great video of her trotting until I realized that my phone was not actually recording. You will just have to trust me on this one, and I will get good video some day!



Beautiful. I still can't believe I have my very own Cardi baby out in the field. 

Roz and I were goofing off while Emi played. 
I got some exciting news on Friday. I officially received a big promotion and a raise! I'm excited for the opportunity and it's great timing for me. I realized yesterday that I need to start looking for a local dressage trainer who has lesson horses. I'd really like to make some riding progress in the next few years, before I start riding Emi. I'd prefer to be at the top of my game when I start riding her, rather than coming off of a 3 year break. Come to think of it, I need a 3rd horse. Haha.

I've ridden first level and schooled some second and third. One of my goals for Emi is to get to third level. I know it will be so much easier if I have actually had the opportunity to ride third level, before I do it with her. So, if you are in Oregon and know of a dressage trainer with good school horses, send me their info! I don't mind driving for the right person.

8 comments:

  1. Kim Barker has some school horses (I don't know at what levels though) and I really like her as a trainer, she's out kind of near Inavale in Philomath. kbdressage@pobox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know her but I haven't ever ridden with her. She's definitely at the top of my list since she is local.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the promotion and yayayayay raise!! Hope you find a great place to ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! Congrats on the promotion as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the promotion!!! I hope you find a great trainer! I was horseless for two years before I got Chrome and then had to wait three years to ride him so I started riding him after a five year break ahh!! Needless to say my form sucks, but he's been a total dream to train so far. I seriously need lessons though. That's why he's four and we've barely done anything (that and I was letting him grow and was busy building my house this last year). So having been there I hope you can get the lessons, so that you will be better prepared for starting her than I was (am) starting Chrome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd love to be at the top of my game when we get going. :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!