Sunday, November 17, 2013

Little Athlete

I enjoyed hanging out with Emi and Roz today. I took them out in the pasture for a while this afternoon. Emi ran around for a couple minutes before settling down to grazing. After she ate for a while she picked back up with the running around. She put on a pretty good show for those of you who enjoy watching a baby pony run around. We even have a guest appearance from Tarra.  Emi is quite a little athlete. I'm so excited to ride her in a few years!



I'm impressed with how well behaved Roz is, on this new program. You don't see him much in the video but I'm holding him and Emi is doing a drive-by (or run-by) every lap she makes around the field. He totally ignored her and nibbled on what grass he could find. He never once got wild, even with all of her antics. Although I know if I had let him go....he'd have been right there with her.

Standing tied for her grooming prior to turn out 
So fun to play!


They are becoming two peas in a pod
Loves from her Auntie Tarra

Awkward angle but they are so cute sharing a hay pile together

13 comments:

  1. Ah; it feels so good to stretch those growing legs!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that movement! I love where she bucks after slipping, like she's flipping the bird to that patch of mud for being in her way. Sassy!

    I find it interesting that she is cantering and galloping so much, most of the time Cob babies seem to prefer that Cob trot. I'm jealous, and wish Connor had a motor like that! Future eventer?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny because I told Tarra that same thing! I expected she would trot a lot more than she does. Maybe living with an OTTB is rubbing off on her. Haha.

      Delete
  3. Omg she is so cute! Look at that girl go!

    Good boy Roz for just standing there!

    I love how she is looking at Tarra like "Hey I am supposed to be running around! What are you doing?!" haha so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when she does her little run-by on each lap! So cute. And her adorable winter coat! This makes me miss having a baby. :D

    I was beginning to think maybe she wanted to be a racehorse like Roz (was) since she kept going around and around and around to the left. Then toward the end she finally changed directions. Silly girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. She definitely seems to favor that side!

      Delete
  5. Oh My Gosh! I love her! She has great movement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks! She's growing up nicely. It's hard to tell how they are going to move when they are just babies...but I was banking on the fact that both mom and dad are beautiful movers!

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!