Saturday, November 9, 2013

Live & Learn

I tried turning Roz and Emi out again today. I took Roz out with a stud chain on his halter and a nice long rope. I also made sure to have gloves on as I expected him to want to run with Emi. As I opened the gate he got a little spunk in his step but all I had to do was wiggle the chain and he walked out like a gentleman. We stood in the middle of the field while Emi ran around us and explored the field. She wasn't really crazy but definitely enjoyed having more room to play. I never did let Roz go, and I wish that's what I would have done last Saturday. We just hung out in the pasture for about 30 minutes before heading back in to the paddock.

Here's a short video of her greeting me for breakfast, playing in the field, and then checking out their water bucket that I dumped out to clean.



Thankfully her owie from last Saturday is healing really well! Before turning her out I fake tied her and groomed her, then braided her unruly mane. She looks so cute with her braids in! Hoof picking was pretty easy today and I did her hind feet too!
Saucy sassy


The unimpressed big brother.







Next Saturday my dad is going to babysit her for me so that I can take Roz up to the barn to ride. Currently Roz is being held hostage by his babysitting duties! Tarra says I need to just take him, but I'm worried that she could get hung up in the gate or something if she freaked out. Ugh. I think once we do it a few times she will be fine. It's always the first time that's the scariest!
I snuck up on them to get this nap time picture.

7 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love your pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The photos are just on my phone. I was too scared to try to take my real camera out with me since I also was holding Roz. I thought he might be a bit more wild than he actually was. :)

      Delete
  2. So cute!!

    Roz looks looks like he's saying this sucks lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure he was but really, it's his own fault!

      Delete
  3. Better safe than sorry. I'm sure she'll be fine once she's used to it, but it would really suck if she got hurt. You'll get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I think after we do the first couple of times she will be fine.

      Delete
  4. Emi is so adorable!!!! I miss Chrome being that age sometimes. I'm so happy I have the blog and pictures to remember it by (started the blog when I brought him home at five months old). You will love looking back on these posts in a few years and remembering when she was a baby. Enjoy every second of it because it goes faster than you would believe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!