Monday, December 30, 2013

2014 Goals

After posting about being happy where you are...I still have 2014 goals. :)

1) I want to take Emi to a couple of shows. Sadly, I'm having a heck of a time finding anything. I'm hoping to find something as we get closer to the summer. Ideally I want to take her to a welsh show and  a sport horse show.

2) More ponying! I'd like to drag her with us for some trail riding this summer. I'd also like to take her out on the cross country course near us, take her through the water, and just show her around. I don't want to over do it...but I figure by the time she turns 1 in June we can get going a little bit more.

3) A field trip to the Oregon Horse Center to play on their extreme trail course. Normally they put it up in November, so that one is almost a year out.

I don't have any real goals for Roz. Just to keep him healthy, sound and fit, for another year.

I also want to start taking riding lessons again. I probably won't start for another couple of months, but I'd like to be taking at least 2 lessons a month on a good school horse. I need to be as prepared as possible when I start riding Miss Emi in a few years.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm sure they will keep us busy!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great year ahead! I miss having babies - it's so much fun showing them around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This is the first baby I've ever owned. It has been fun.

      Delete
  3. Check out some hunter/jumper shows. Some should have hunter breeding classes, and there are pony in hand classes for those :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! Do as much as you can with Emi. It will make a huge difference later on. We put a saddle on Roscoe two weeks after he was born, no girth though and we let him take his mother's bit. He basically was a saddle rack. Now we have no issues with either now that we are starting to back him. We treated him like a grown horse with a shorter attention span. Can't wait to see you both grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's going to be an easy one. :)

      Delete
  5. I bet the year will just fly by. Ms Emi is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome goals! I really hope you can make it to a WPCSA show, it's always good to support the breeders. They are few and far between unless you're on the east coast, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Oregon Welsh group has a show each year in June. They haven't announced any details yet but I'm planning to go to that. Also, this year they had welsh classes at our state fair, so we may go to that if they do it again.

      Delete
  7. Emi is one lucky girl. By the time you start her riding will be no bug deal. I love all your goals! Maybe we will run into each other sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she will be very easy to start. It will be fun to run in to each other again. :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!