Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Deep Freeze

Along with most of the country....it's cold here! It's been below freezing (night & day) for almost a week. We've been down in the single digits, which is really cold for us. I'm so ready for spring.

Emi got her shots on Monday and is doing great. She was well behaved and didn't suffer any noticeable affects from being vaccinated. Next up is our first farrier appointment together. That will happen in a couple more weeks. One upside of the snow is that I have been home more than usual and have been picking their hooves a lot, to help with the packed snow and ice. She's becoming an old pro!

Tonight we tried something new, I picked her feet with her tied. I had been a bit hesitant to do that since she isn't always steady on her feet but since she's gotten so much better, I figured it was time. Of course, in true Emi form, it was no problem at all. She stood like a lady while I picked her feet and groomed her. I'm so impressed with this girl.

Poor Roz was really cranky yesterday. I'm not sure what the problem was. I joked that he's tired of being cold, of being locked up with his sister, or he just wants to be able to eat some grass! Whatever it was, he seemed much happier tonight, and was mooching cookies like the cookie monster he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!