Friday, December 27, 2013

Enough


Many of us are making goals for 2014. I read this article today and I thought it was a timely reminder, that was worth sharing. 

“Being better is overrated, and it robs us of our joy in being where we are in life.”

Remember, where you are now is enough. Goals are good; they give us a target to be moving towards, and sometimes the motivation to keep going. At the same time, let’s not forget to enjoy each day along our journey. I think it's all about finding a balance. I’m trying to not wish away the time I spend with Emi as a baby. I’m certainly looking forward to her being 3 and started under saddle, but it’s nice that we are at a low pressure spot right now. At the same time, I’m trying to soak in Roz’s golden years, as you never know how long you have. Do I miss actually getting to ride towards a goal? Yes, I do. But I don’t want to wish away the precious time I have now. We aren’t guaranteed tomorrow, so we might as well enjoy today.


11 comments:

  1. That is where I think blogging the days and experiences is important. They help us remember each moment before they become the blur that is life in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We so quickly forget all of the little details. It's neat to be able to look back over the years.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. I definitely thought the article was worth sharing.

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely post. Sometimes it is easy for us to get so focused on the future that we don't realize how amaing right now is. I am already looking back and wondering where all the time with my two ponies went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great perspective (and those two are incredibly adorable in photos together.) It reminds me of what my choir director used to say, "There are two rules in singing: be happy with where you are, be willing to change."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That saying is so true! And thanks, I think they are pretty adorable. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for reminding me of this at a time where all I can think of is the future. Such wise words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a good reminder for all of us!

      Delete
  6. I've worked really hard to learn to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. This is a wonderful (and timely!) post.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!