Sunday, December 29, 2013

First Solo Trip

Emi went on her first solo trailer ride today. Tarra and I had plans to do some Christmas photos with Mystic and Emi, since we didn't end up having enough time to get them done before Christmas. I would have loved to take Roz, but the two horses are hard enough with out trying to set up and use the camera at the same time. I didn't have anyone to help me load Emi and I wasn't really sure how that would go. Thankfully it went really well. I put her feed pan with a couple handfuls of grain, along with carrots at the front of the trailer. She stopped at the step for a minute and just as she was getting ready to hop in Roz decided to call for her. Thankfully she still got in! Since she doesn't get out quickly I was able to step out of the trailer, with her lead still on and get the door mostly closed before letting her go.

We had a 10 minute trailer ride up to NDF. She got out pretty easily at the barn and was happy to see some other horses. She met another friend of mine who had yet to see her. Then I took her in to the wash rack at the barn, just for fun. She looked a little but followed me right in. Once Tarra and Mystic were ready we packed all of our stuff out to the hay field for photos. Emi got a little squirrely when one of the babies at the barn was crying for Mystic. I got after her a little bit and she settled down. I got the camera set up on the tripod and we got in to position. I just learned how to use the self-timer on my camera and it's awesome!
The two adorable ponies 
Oh yes, they are going to be so cute in that pas de deux!
And they are both cookie monsters!
I sure do love this little girl!
She was super easy to load on the way home, and I did it by myself again. She and Roz were screaming back and forth when we got home, but she was still a bit unsure about getting out. She stood on the edge for a minute or two before jumping out. That's the first time I haven't had to push her out at home. Roz was so sweet with her when we got back. I think he thought we may never be coming back.

One a totally different note, this a little reminder for all of the women reading this....do your self breast exams! I just found out about a 25 year old girl who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Doing your self breast exam won't prevent you from getting cancer, but catching it early may mean the difference between life and death.

6 comments:

  1. Glad it went well and awwwwe the pictures are adorable!!

    I've never done a self exam, I'll have to look into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good girl, and those pictures are awesome! You got the tripod set just right.

    I do my self exams especially after your cancer bout, but it's always going to be challenging due to all the cysts and the tumor. I've been getting ultrasounded once a year, that gives me some peace of mind. Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they are monitoring you. It's SO much better to catch it early, and hopefully you won't ever have a problem. :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!