Friday, December 20, 2013

What A Year

I figured it was time I got in gear to do an end of the year post. Many of you have beaten me to it. It's amazing how many things change in a year. I wouldn't have ever guessed I'd be where I'm at now, but I'm thankful that I am.

In January I was completing chemo rounds 4 & 5. That was an interesting experience, and one I'd love to never repeat. Chevy was recovering from an injury sustained around Christmas and I was riding him a little bit as I felt up to it.
Mystic and Chevy giving each other moral support as Tarra and I kicked the big ball around
February brought a crazy beach ride and the sale of Chevy. Roz was hanging out at home, being an adorable beggar. I completed rounds 6 & 7 of chemo. We were also having lambs!
A sunny February day on the beach, perfect weather for almost drowning. 
Love that face! Photo taken on my new iphone since the previous phone died after swimming in the ocean
(see the above photo)
I love lambing season. They are so cute!
March brought the end of chemo! That was an awesome day. Roz had his 21st birthday...I can't believe he's almost 22 now. Where has the time gone!?
We had a party on my final day of chemo
The birthday pony!
April was a ton of fun. My hair started growing again! My adorable nephew, Finely, was born. Cardi won the CDI Freestyle in California. I had my final surgery to complete my implant and remove my port. The port removal ended up being quite an experience as part of the tubing had broken off and traveled through my heart. A few days after that, Tarra and I went to visit Winterlake Welsh Cob Farm. 


Baby Finley and I  
Hanging out with Yvette at Winterlake Welsh
Chloe pregnant with Emi
My adorable boy was enjoying the sunshine and spring grass. 
May brought some down time as a healed from surgery, and was not allowed to ride. Who's idea was that!? I got to start riding again towards the end of the month.
Riding again
I started riding Roz a lot more in June. We went to the beach and on several trail rides. Most notably, June 20th brought the birth of Emi! It was amazing to meet her for the first time and to be able to purchase her this year. What a blessing! We also cheered for Tarra and Mystic at a couple of shows.
Riding around the farm 
Handsome as ever
Beach riding- April on Roz, I'm on Mystic
So much fun!
Meeting baby Emi 
Precious at 3 days old
Tarra and Mystic looking like pros. 
July was awesome! Lots of trips to see and play with Emi, a surprise baby shower from my barn buddies, along with sunshine and riding time with Roz. Life is good!
She was bulking up at just a couple of weeks old 
Playing with her shower ball
Photos of Roz, taken exactly 10 years apart.

The fancy boy
August was busy and so incredible. I continued to make weekly trips to see Emi. Roz and I went to the beach with a friend. Roz was a super star but the other horse wasn't really interested in playing at the beach. I got my first hair cut since my hair started growing back. I had a meet and greet pass at a local country music festival and got to meet all sorts of cool people like Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley. It was fun! I celebrated 1 year from my breast cancer diagnosis and my family also made a trip to Ireland.
K & Roz
It was a beautiful day on the Oregon coast

Post hair cut #1


Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge- Northern Ireland
In September we returned from our trip to Ireland, and I resumed my weekly trips to visit Emi. She started growing in a darker winter coat and was getting so big! I continued to ride Roz, even though the days were getting shorter. I hate that time of year!
Can't wait to ride that canter some day!
Getting reacquainted after my return from Ireland
The perfect evening to ride

Growing up and getting closer to weaning day
Old friends
October was a month of beautiful fall trail rides, a trip to the beach, a quick weekend in Chicago, and Emi came home! It was super busy, but so fun.
Gorgeous day at the beach
No better feeling than cantering down the beach. I'd like to bottle that feeling!

My hair was really growing!
Fall is in the air
A beautiful Sunday afternoon 
Home at last!

November was a transition month, as the time changed, days go shorter, and I worked to settle in to a routine with two horses. I rode Roz some, but definitely less than I had before Emi came home. 
I love that sweet face
Roz was feeling sassy!
So far, December has been a fairly quiet month. I haven't been doing a lot with the horses, with all of the other things that are going on. Emi and Roz got hauled to the barn last week and Emi learned how to pony.
Christmas photos in the snow
Emi is getting tired of winter, so I gave her something to do
Learning to pony with Uncle Mystic and Aunt Tarra

Thank you so much to all of you who have followed along, and encouraged me through out the year. The start of the year was hard but it had no where to go but up, and it really did go up! I can't wait to see where 2014 takes us. It's going to be great!

14 comments:

  1. You've had a MOMENTOUS year! I'm so happy I started following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us. It really was an amazing year.

      Delete
  2. What a busy year! Congrats on a very successful year, and I hope 2014 brings you lots of joy! Keep up the great blog work too! I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you had a great year! Emi looks like she'll be a tall horse all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! Both of her parents are 14.3hh so I'd love for her to reach their height. If she ended up at 15hh I'd be thrilled. :)

      Delete
  4. You've had a crazy year and so glad everything is onthe up and up for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! I know you had a hard year too. Hopefully 2014 will be better.

      Delete
  5. What a busy, busy year! But it's sure been a good one -- can't wait to learn more about Emi in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big, busy year! Lots of positives in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post!!! I got to catch up on how you and the ponies are doing. Roz looks fatastic. Hasn't aged a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks! I think Roz is looking good too, just the way I like him. :)

      Delete
  8. Any year that involves beating cancer and getting a baby Cob is a good one. Congratulations on all your success, can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the only thing that could have made it better was not having cancer to beat. Otherwise it's been quite fantastic. :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!