Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January Goals

December Goal Review

1) To continue last months goals, I need to figure out a better way to get Roz out riding, with out stressing Emi out. We are going to try letting her stay out in the paddock, closer to the sheep. I will give that a try when my dad has a chance to babysit her. 

This was a fail. December was a busy month and I didn't get the chance to try this....but hopefully I'm trying it tomorrow! I'm so looking forward to riding Roz. 

2) I'd like to practice trailer loading with her and take her on a field trip to NDF. 


Success! We went on 2 field trips to NDF. Once with Roz and once by herself. 

3) Continue to work on tying and get a tie ring put up in her stall. 


Success! The tie ring was put up earlier this week and she is tying pretty well. 


Standing tied last night

January Goals


1) We are going for an exact repeat on this one. I will report tomorrow if it works!  

"To continue last months goals, I need to figure out a better way to get Roz out riding, with out stressing Emi out. We are going to try letting her stay out in the paddock, closer to the sheep. I will give that a try when my dad has a chance to babysit her."

2) Get her comfortable with clippers. I used them on her once, probably around 3 months old and she was really good about them. I pulled them out today and she has no interest in those buzzy things being by her...anyone have any good clipper tips? Roz has always been great with them. 

3) Another field trip to NDF for more ponying. 

4) Work on training her mane by keeping it braided. 

2 comments:

  1. Desensitize, desensitize, desensitize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals. I have heard that desensitizing them to a hairdryer can help with them accepting clippers - but probably it'll just take time and patience :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!