Monday, January 13, 2014

Oh Boy

As predicted, a big rain storm blew through here Friday night through Sunday morning. Saturday I spent some time grooming Emi and braiding her mane, but otherwise I stayed inside. Late in the afternoon I looked out the back door to see where the horses were standing with all of the wind and rain we were getting....and I saw this!


Apparently the horses were tired of being in their paddock and managed to get the gate open, out to the field. As you know, I haven't been turning them out together (in the pasture) with out supervision. I guess that's not necessary anymore....They were both good ponies coming in.  I latched the gate like normal, and I tied it with bailing twine for good measure.

Sunday afternoon it had quit raining and I was planning to ride Roz. I turned the truck and trailer around before going out to grab Roz. He's a little too smart, and when he heard me moving the trailer around he went out and rolled. He looked like this....on both sides! Seriously!? This horse LOVES to roll. 

I ended up hosing off his legs, belly, and washing his nasty tail. He was so disgusting! I cleaned up his head and neck as well as I could, before leaving for the barn. He was less than cooperative, as grooming is not on his list of favorite things. Oh well, cleaning up a muddy mess, like him, isn't on the top of my list either. He nipped at me a few times and threw in a little kick for good measure, when I was brushing his belly. I was quite irritated with his naughtiness and was ready to give him a hard workout when we got to the barn. Instead we ended up doing a lot of walking! There was a young green horse in the arena when we first got there and I knew Roz being crazy wasn't going to be helpful. Once the young horse was done, Tarra came out on Mystic and we spent a lot of time walking around and talking. Roz was spared the hard ride I intended, which was probably fine anyway. When we got home he was being a total sweetie and sucking up. Don't let his innocent face fool you.

Can I pretty please have a treat? I'm so sweet and cute....

12 comments:

  1. What a little devil, rolling as soon as you got in the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! He digs a hole and loves keeping a fresh mud pit ready.

      Delete
  3. OMG, I would have *died* if Miles came into the barn looking like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I'm somewhat used to it...although that was especially bad!

      Delete
  4. That is TRULY epic! Good job, Roz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the best as getting dirty! :) Thankfully Emi hasn't picked that up yet....

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!