Saturday, January 25, 2014

Outside

I spent the majority of the day outside. It was 50 degrees and sunny, which was so lovely! It felt like spring! I hauled Roz up to NDF for a ride. He hauled a bit better than he did on Monday although he was still screaming for a buddy while we were alone in the arena. That didn't last long and we walked around the hay fields with friends before returning to the arena to work. Once we got home I turned him out and grabbed Emi.


On Monday I had trouble getting her unloaded at home, and that's not the first time she has been slow to come out. I figured it's time to actually practice with her. I grabbed a feed pan with a small amount of grain and some cut up carrots. She barely hesitated getting in or out. She's food motivated for sure! We did it three times, and she was a little slow to get out the 2nd time but not even close to Monday. I think we will practice again tomorrow and I have a feeling we will have solidified how in the world you get out of a horse trailer. I was impressed with how easy she was and it was a very quick practice session.
Snacking in the trailer
After we finished practicing I turned them out for the rest of the afternoon. It was so lovely and they were happy campers! More hauling, loading practice, and turn out is scheduled for tomorrow.






Annie lazing in the sun.

8 comments:

  1. They're both looking so shiny and happy! Oh how I want a little Emi of my own. Ginger would love to have a mini-me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they are both looking good for the middle of the winter. And Emi is a blast! :)

      Delete
  2. It always amazes me that some horses don't like to get out of the trailer! When we went to CA to school XC Dandy stood at the edge of the trailer for ten minutes debating whether or not to get out. It's so nice that you're going to be able to put al the correct manners on her!

    Also, I can't believe how big Emi is getting. She is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is funny that they don't always want to come out. Roz has always trailered really easily and I want to make sure that Emi does the same! She is growing well; it's hard to believe she's only 7 months old.

      Delete
  3. I think of all trailering problems to have, not wanting to get out is probably the best. At least you can get her in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! She could also be running me over to get out...which would be annoying!

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!