Sunday, January 26, 2014

Problem Solved

I didn't end up riding today but the horses did enjoy time on the pasture. I also practiced loading & unloading with Emi. She was awesome! I used her breakfast grain and a carrot and we went in and out 4 times. One time was unplanned as she was eating in the trailer and she turned around to look at something outside the trailer. She jumped out on her own, with me still in the trailer. I was happy to see her feeling comfortable enough to do that on her own. I had a nice long rope on her so I was able to just let her go and then she climbed back in to get back to her grain. She's a smart girl! It will be interesting to see how she loads and unloads next time I take her to NDF. I'd be surprised if the problem isn't solved. She just needed a bit of practice!

Photos below are of her playing today. She's an athlete for sure! 




8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! It's going to be awesome and definitely the best tail I've ever had. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes! Because she looks like an awesome sporthorse. :)

      Delete
  3. She sure is full of sugar and spice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that tail! It's thicker than bres tail. Can I have some for Dickie?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!