Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rain=Mud

I love living in Oregon but...the amount of rain we get in the winter makes horse stuff a lot harder. We've had a very dry winter which has been super nice for the horses and I, but I think our dry winter has come to an end. It's been pretty rainy the past few days and is supposed to be even worse this weekend.  I know I need to be thankful for the rain as it will make the grass grow and help with fire danger in the summer...but sometimes it's hard. The mud has started and I can't wait until spring!

Inspired by Dandyism- What do you guys do (besides riding) to stay fit? I used to do Curves and then our Curves closed. I took a step aerobics class this fall and just started taking classes at a new gym near my house. I tried their "core conditioning" class on Monday and it was so hard! I figured it would be great for my riding but it was way more intense than I was expecting. Tomorrow night I'm going to try yoga. I've never done yoga before and I'm super inflexible....but it should be fun! 

9 comments:

  1. Love yoga. I took it as my Physical Activity Course at the university and it was great! I also was super inflexible at the beginning, but much better by the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input. I enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Love yoga, too! The good thing about it is that you should start with basic poses, then work your way into more complicated poses. It is really relaxing and should not be stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated yoga, but I've been taking Xtend barre classes and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try yoga. I did pilates for a while (then ran out of free time+money) and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very relaxing. I'd like to try pilates!

      Delete
  5. I love yoga! Not hot yoga though. I don't do well in the heat. :)

    And I am so with you on the rain. At first when I moved to WA I was really excited to not have to deal with the frigid temps but now I'd take the snow if I didn't have to deal with the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...the non freezing temps are nice but I just hate the mud. The horses get so nasty and it's a losing battle to keep them clean. Ugh.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!