Sunday, January 19, 2014

Senile

It's been busy around here but nothing too exciting. Emi got her booster vaccine on Thursday. She was great, as always. Since I got off work early, I took the opportunity to ride Roz. The barn was pretty quiet when we arrived and I let him roll in the arena before hopping on. Pretty much as soon as I got on him he started screaming for a friend. Seriously!? This horse as never cared about company...until now! I decided that if he wanted to be a twit he could work. It's harder to scream for your friends when mom requires you to be straight, forward, and obedient. But...as soon as he was given a long rein for a walk break, the screaming was back. Ugh.

I rode him again today and had the exact same issue. He is working nicely but he really wants to be upset over being by himself.  I can't decide whether he is really that attached to Emi or if he is getting senile! She's at home happily eating hay and he's at the barn throwing a fit! It's so unusual for him, but I have not noticed any other weird behavior from him, so I'm thinking he's just attached. He will be happy tomorrow because we are taking her with us for a ponying session. It should be fun!
Trying to get two horses and one girl in a photo is difficult!

When I brought Roz home I took Emi out for some hand grazing. It's great for her to explore the farm and spend some time hanging out with me. I measured her today and she's grown an inch in the past month, so she's currently 12.1hh. 



Checking out my mom's raised garden bed

Mane training is going well!
Kisses!

3 comments:

  1. Bah, hate when horses get attached and start screaming. But at the same time, it's sweet that they're such good buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emi is so cute! I just love all her fluff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so stinkin' cute. If he's been an only horse for a while and now has a buddy, he may be super attached.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!