Thursday, February 13, 2014

I'll Take It

Apparently taking a 1.5 week break did Roz some good! I wasn't able to ride him over the weekend, due to the snow and I expected to have a difficult horse on my hands tonight. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised! I loaded him up with out a peep from him or Emi. He was quiet in the trailer when we arrived at the barn, and I left him standing in there while I chatted with Tarra. Under saddle he was very energetic but well behaved. He was also good for the trip home. Yah! I seem to have my normal horse back. I'm not sure what that is all about, but I'll take it!

Last night I started filling out the entry form for Emi's first show. It's on April 26th and I'm so excited for it! It will be such a good experience for her to be exposed to the showing environment and get to take in all of the new experiences. Hopefully Tarra and Mystic are going to tag along, so we will have a nice steady pony to learn from.

Edited to add: The little stinker put her foot in the wheelbarrow last night (Thursday). She always messes with it, and I'm surprised she hasn't tipped it over yet. She was standing by it, doing her usual perusal, and I turned around to find her hoof in it. She was unconcerned, but was trying to figure out how to get her hoof back out. She let me come around to her side of the wheelbarrow and assist her. I love how low drama she is!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that Roz was good for you after a long time off. I am hoping I can report the same good news myself. Heading out to ride my pony today for the first time in two weeks. I am excited to hear about Emi's first show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to hear about her first show! And very glad that she's okay. Gotta love babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby's first show -- I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!