Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Light

I rode Roz after work tonight and it was actually still light outside when I went out to catch him. It was awesome! Only another month before the time will change too. I love the longer days, and it makes it so much easier to be motivated to haul up to the barn when it's not dark. It's also easier to do when you have a friend you are riding with, and when your horse is not muddy. Yah!

Roz was pretty good tonight. He was very forward and didn't need to scream for friends since we had riding company. We did a lot of walking with some trot work and a little bit of canter. He used to have a beautiful canter but you can definitely feel how stiff it has gotten over the past couple of years. It's also worse tracking right. It sucks to get old!

Emi appears to have a mild case of hives. They are pretty much only on her face, up near her eyes and down her cheeks. They are not itchy and don't seem to be bothering her at all. I noticed them last night but I think she has a few more tonight. I'm not sure if she ate something out in the field over the weekend that may have caused it, or what might be going on. I'm definitely keeping an eye on them! I do think that she has finally learned about rolling. I was so hoping she would not pick up on that, but she has been more dirty than usual the past few days.

2 comments:

  1. I was noticing the longer day last night as well. I looked at my watch when I was leaving the barn and it was 5:00 and still sunshine-y - it's wonderful! Glad Roz is doing better and hope Emi's hives go away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Emi gets feelign better soon. At least the hives don't seem to be bother her. I am very happy about the longer days too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!