Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Overnight

One day the ponies weren't really shedding...and now, overnight, both are shedding quite a bit! I love this time of year. It makes grooming so much more satisfying. Both of my ponies have quite a bit of hair, so it's definitely going to take a while to get them shed out.

I rode Roz tonight, and I'm pleased to report that there was no screaming from either horse when I took him away. Things definitely seem to have settled down. I'm thankful they can leave each other and not be so upset. Now the biggest issue I'm dealing with, is that Roz has been spooky (for him) the past two times I've had him out. I'm thinking that it may just be a combination of the weather, and him having too much energy, but it is unusual for him to spook at all. We had been walking and talking for about 45 minutes tonight, when he decided to spook at a dog by the arena door. The dog had been there for quite some time so it was definitely an excuse. Once I asked him to trot he spooked at the dog again, and I opted to put him on the lunge line. It was good for him to work things out on his own and he was pretty frisky. He will get tomorrow off and be back to work on Thursday.

Since the weather has been crummy and I haven't been able to ride much, I've been doing some online shopping....I just purchased a pair of Ariat Breda H2O boots, on closeout from Smartpak. I received them today and I really like them. I wanted something a bit better than my bogs, for riding in on lazy days. I think these will be perfect and they were totally comfortable tonight.

9 comments:

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!