Monday, March 10, 2014

DIY- Jewlery Holder

Roz had his final set of shoes pulled on September 7th, 2012. At that time, my farrier gave me his front shoes. I put them in my tack trunk and have always planned to do something with them. I came across them a couple of months ago, when I was searching for something else. I pulled them out and decided I should figure out a way to use them. My first stop was Pinterest, for ideas on what I could do with them. Then it was off to the craft store for a plaque & paint.
Roz's final pair of shoes, and the plaque I purchased. 
The primed plaque
Freshly painted
The finished product is a jewelry hanger! I got the horseshoe nails I needed, from my farrier. I looked at the store, but they wanted to sell me a big box, I definitely didn't need that many! Although this is a bit morbid, when Roz is gone, I think I will take his nameplate from his halter and put it on the plaque. 

5 comments:

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!