Friday, March 14, 2014

Finally

I got to take a riding lesson today! My last lesson was over a year ago, on Chevy. With plans to bring Emi along in a couple of years, I want to be at the top of my game. I know that taking a riding break, prior to starting a baby, is not going to be a great plan. What better time to work on myself than while I'm waiting for her to grow up?

I haven't shown up at a strange barn, and taken a lesson on a "lesson horse" for years. That being said, the lesson went great. We definitely used the time for all of us to get acquainted, and it was awesome to have some eyes on the ground, reminding me of things I need to keep working on. We mainly worked on the basics, discussing my position as we went along.  Specifically she (RC) noticed that my pelvis is tipped, and I'm sitting too far back, in more of a driving seat. This is not helping me keep a flat back and is adding to my tendency to hunch my shoulders a little bit. I think this will actually be a fairly easy fix, especially now that I am thinking about it. I also need to work on keeping my hands closed. Overall, I think RC was pleasantly surprised with my riding. She thinks she can help me polish some things up, and move me along, in my riding. I'm really looking forward to getting regular riding input again and I know this will really benifit Emi and I in a couple of years. Hopefully I can drag a friend along, at some point, to get some video!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! She sounds like a great instructor - I love it when it's about how your body is influencing the horse and not just what the horse is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Sounds like this is going to be a good partnership for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!