Monday, March 17, 2014

Good News

I met with me new oncologist today, and everything still looks good. I had blood work done, and a specific tumor marker test. My result came back as 7.9 and the normal range is 0-31. Yah! She mentioned that the two year mark is an important milestone, and I will be two years out from my initial diagnosis, in August. That's coming up fast! We discussed having a balanced diet, making sure I exercise, and keeping on top of early detection. She also mentioned how important she thinks it is to control the level of stress in your life. Thankfully, I'm not a really stressed person, and I think the horses are a great way to relax after a day at work.

I played with Emi tonight;  she's always so fun. We practiced whoa & back, grazed on the yard and then she got a good grooming. She loves being messed with and is always seeking the interaction. Normally when I bring Roz home from riding, after the initial whinnying at him, she doesn't even seem to care that he's back. As soon as I put him in with her she starts following me around. I love having such a personable horse. Roz tends to be a bit more aloof, so they are a good combination.

4 comments:

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!