Sunday, March 9, 2014

Motivation

While riding today, Tarra and I were discussing motivation. I love this time of year! Not only do I love the time changing and gaining daylight hours in the evening, but I also love the planning and anticipation for horse shows and various adventures. To me, horse shows are a very good motivator, especially during the winter months. They give you a very specific goal to work towards, even in your down time. I enjoy the process of planning my rides, figuring out what I'm going to focus on, and making it happen. Lessons are also motivating for me, as I strive to improve between them. The last couple of years have been a lot harder for me to stay motivated since I haven't been showing or taking lessons. But...that's about to change since I'm going to start taking lessons again this week! Then, at the end of the month I get to ride Mystic for a week, while Tarra is on vacation. What motivates you, or how do you stay motivated?
Caught these two laying down when I went out to ride today. 
I worked on Emi's mane again when I got home. I think it's looking better!

8 comments:

  1. I'm motivated by shows and lessons, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My horse motivates me. Without constant work there is a chance her hip won't continue heal correctly, so that always gets me out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good reason, and some of my current motivation. I know if I don't use Roz now I won't be able to continue to use him.

      Delete
  3. Good weather always helps me feel motivated! Plus I'm always working towards a goal... this year it's show at 2'6"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good weather definitely helps! :)

      Delete
  4. Agreed, show planning definitely motivates me! Also seeing how good my horse CAN go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's always great to see how well your horse can go.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!