Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Best

Today I had one of the best rides I've had in a long time. Roz came out ready to work and was really good. He was starting to get tired in the video, but it still gives you an idea of how he's going. He has really improved quite a bit since I started really riding him over the summer. With how sporadic his work has been this winter, I feel like we are always starting over a little bit. He has always been fussy in the bridle, and you can see that in the video, particularly him dropping back behind the bit. When he's had time off it tends to be even worse and it's hard to know how much to push him. I don't want to be demanding something that he's having trouble doing because he's stiff and out of shape, but I think I tend to be too easy.  Regardless, he felt quite good today and hopefully we are heading in the right direction. He was even pretty settled in the arena by himself, only screaming at the very end when I was cooling him out. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, he looks great! He has a fantastic walk - the trot and canter were great too, but I'm a sucker for a good walk. You'd never know he was older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. He has a huge walk! He used to have a lovely canter but he's lost a lot of the jump and ability to sit that he used to have. That's really the gait where I feel his age the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think he is looking great! You wouldn't think he's been out of regular work from the looks of it ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The goal is to ride 3 days per week, but between getting Emi, figuring out a way to leave Emi at home safely, and winter snow storms, it's been hit or miss.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!