Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Therapy

What makes a girl feel better on a sick day? A little equine therapy! I've had a bad cold for almost a week, but I think I'm on the mend. I went outside this afternoon to play with my ponies and get a head start on my evening chores. They are just so darn cute together.
The princess and her muddy body guard
 I played with Emi and her tarp, and then took her for a walk. Roz whinnied for her but she ignored him and was a very brave girl! Once we came back I groomed Roz and then took the scissors to Emi's mane. I've been researching how she is supposed to be presented at the welsh shows we are going to attend. The rules aren't very clear but they for sure can't be braided, which would be my vote. So, after talking with Jen over at Cob Jockey, I decided it was time to trim off her red baby ends. These are not the best pictures, and it still needs some work, but we are heading in right direction. I'm not sure what I want to do with that frizzy forelock...I definitely don't want to cut it, but it sure is wild and crazy!

Roz is shedding like crazy, but Emi's a little bit slower. I also think she has about twice as much hair as Roz. As I was leaving the barn, this was the face she was giving me. Can you say adorable!? 

6 comments:

  1. You need to try some black girl frizzy control shampoo on her haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, too cute! She is getting big, too.

    Her mane definitely looks better without the burnt ends. I'd maybe pull it just a tiny bit (if she doesn't object) to even the ends so it doesn't look like a bowl cut. If she doesn't like that, eh, more cobby research? I agree she isn't ready for a sporthorse mane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I was more focused on getting the ends off than the cut. I'm going to work on it more, later this week, with her tied up. That should make it easier and hopefully I can make it look more natural. I do think she would object to pulling!

      Delete
  3. It drives me nuts that we can't braid them for Welsh shows. She seems to have a mane on the poufier side, Connor's got sisters that are like that. A couple have corkscrew curls - I would definitely not want to maintain those! Definitely err on the side of long when you start pulling it, I pulled Connor's too short since I wasn't used to such a thick mane, and that's when it started flopping over onto the wrong side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...her hair is all kinds of crazy. I'm not sure what to think about that. I honestly don't think she would tolerate pulling at this point.I did a little more work on it today and I think it's better.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!