Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blog Hop: Do Over

"There will always be times you wish you could go back and maybe ride straighter or better (or not circling in your class because you would have placed better..) sometimes they are brain dead mistakes, sometimes well intentioned mistakes.  If you could have 1 do-over in your horse life, what would it be?"

Although I've definitely made mistakes in my horse life, for the most part those mistakes led me to where I am at now so I have very few real regrets. I believe that things happen for a reason.  If some things hadn't gone wrong I wouldn't have ever been pushed in the direction that I was, nor would I be where I'm at now. That being said, hindsight is definitely 20/20 and there are things that cross my mind when this comes up. 


The fist thing I would love a "do-over" for would be the time spent working with horses that were not going to do the job I wanted them to do. I would have taken the hint much more quickly and I definitely wouldn't have felt so bad about "giving up" on them. 
The second thing would be that I'd love to have the 11 year old Roz back. I often think of all of the awesome things Roz and I could have done together "if I knew then what I know now."  We could have definitely made it much further in both dressage and eventing. He's got great gaits and a good brain. Even still, he came in to my life at a time when my confidence really needed him and he's been an awesome horse for me. 


The younger version of Roz and I. 










2 comments:

  1. if only we could go back when they were younger and we were younger with our current skillset, yes that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!