Saturday, May 3, 2014

Blustery at the Beach



"Blustery" is the best word I can come up with for our beach trip today. I thought the weather may be a bit rainy but it wasn't supposed to be too bad. When we got out of the truck you could immediately tell it was going to be a windy ride. By the time we mounted up and actually got down to beach it was evident just how windy it was. Walking down the beach the wind was in our face. The dry sand was blowing across the ground and Roz gave it a hard look before walking through it. When we made it to the wet sand the water was blowing across it. Next time I need to check the expected wind speeds too....although you can have the beach to yourself when there are 20mph winds!

Lucky for us our horses are awesome! Those boys sauntered down the beach like they didn't have a care in the world. We rode a ways, yelling back and forth to each other, and then hollering "I can't hear you!" We did some trotting and cantering and then sat with our backs to the wind for a bit. We were hoping it would let up, but that didn't seem likely. Once we decided that it wasn't going to get any better we just rode through it. By the end we actually were becoming accustomed to it.

We rode for about an hour and a half prior to calling it a day. Our friend, Erica, was along and she took pictures and rode Roz a little bit. As we made our way back to the trailer the rain started coming down. We had perfect timing!

The view from where I sat. Roz's mane actually falls on the right side of his neck.....
Erica and Rozzy Ridge



Edited to add photos:
Roz and I
Backs to the wind.

Love my boy!

9 comments:

  1. I love the word Blustery and Roz looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read about your trips to the beach! It's one of the items on my bucket list :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun! We love going and are blessed it's only about an hour and a half away.

      Delete
  3. Oh my! What gorgeous photos and Roz is so freaking handsome.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of you cantering him in front of the ocean. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think he's a beautiful boy too. :)

      Delete
  4. Roz looks like he's 12, seriously! How gorgeous, the pictures are amazing, and those houses behind you are RIDICULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen. I think he's looking good too.

      Delete
  5. So awesome!!!! I really, really hope to get to ride Chrome on the beach someday, but it's so far away I don't know when that will be. You guys look awesome! Roz is so handsome! Was your friend riding Mystic bridleless? It looks like at one point in the video that all she has is a neck rope. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!