Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Heating Up

I have this feeling that June is going to rush by. The baby girl will be turning a year old on the 20th. I can not believe how quickly this first year has gone by! I figured I better cover my June goals before the month rushes right by. 

May Goal Review: 

1) The main thing I need be working on is standing nicely, like she will need to at her next show. I need to get her halting square and standing with the right expression. I've kind of taken the last week off from really working with her but I need to get back in gear from here on out. Otherwise this is a pretty laid back month for us.  

May ended up being a "down time" kind of month. We worked on this a handful of times...and that's about it. However, she did also go on her cross country field trip and that was a great outing. 


June Goals: 

1) I really do need to work on her standing. That's a big goal for this month since her second show is a the end of the month. I just got a traditional white web halter to show her in and I also need to practice with her in that. 

2) I need to clip her bridle path, and I'm sure she isn't going to love it. My plan is to work on it in another week or two as I don't want to have to do it twice prior to the show. 

I've also got some BIG news coming up...but that will have to wait another week or so. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much growing up she's done. There was more than one bay Cobb at inavale this weekend. She's going to be flying over jumps before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what an evil cliffhanger!! I can't wait to hear the news.

    I can't believe Emi is almost a year old! Wow, time flies. Of course I still can't believe Chrome is five..... seems like he was just Emi's age lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Sorry...I don't like to spill the beans on the internet until things are official. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh I know. I was just teasing you. :)

      Delete
  3. I think she'll surprise you on the bridle path!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!