Thursday, June 19, 2014

So Hot

And I'm not talking about the weather. Willow has ended up being quite a bit hotter than I expected her to be. She seemed very laid back when I tried her, so I can only assume that turning her world upside down has resulted in this crazy critter. She's not spooky and she's really not even naughty, but she's tense. She's wiggly when I get her ready, and get on. Once I'm up there she's just ready to go. I think she may be heat so that may be contributing. I actually don't mind a hot horse...I just need to get used to that kind of ride again.

She's obviously well schooled and the buttons are there for shoulder-in, haunches-in, leg yields, trot lengthening etc. Now I just need her to relax a little bit. I'm sure it will come with continued work and us getting to know each other better. I opted for 10 minutes on the lunge line tonight and I really noticed a difference in her as I required her to tune in with lots of transitions. I will hopefully get a little bit of video to share with you guys this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the video!! Since her world has been turned upside down have you considered ulcers? You could try some alfalfa to see if that helps. Being tense and wiggly makes me suspicious. Earlier this year Chrome was acting really cranky compared to normal and I started feeding alfalfa chaff just mixed in his regular feed and wet down a bit. He's back to his sweet self. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!