Monday, July 14, 2014

Blog Hop: Hauling

In light of my most recent post regarding hauling drama, I want to know what you haul with. I'd love to see pictures of your current truck & trailer, what you like about it, and/or what would you like to have (reasonable or not).

What I have:  It's so nice to be able to go when you want. I haul with my parents 1998 F250. Our horse trailer is a 2 horse slant, Logan Coach Wrangler. It's a step up trailer and has a fairly large tack room. It has been a really good trailer for me and is spacious enough for most horses. I love that the set up is relatively small and it's pretty maneuverable. Tarra and I have been all over the place with it!

On a ferry

What I'd like to have: I'd love to have a Dodge diesel truck and a 3 or 4 horse goose neck trailer. This is what a friend of mine has and it's so nice to be able to all carpool together. I also love the extra power and improved gas mileage. Sadly, I'm not even close to ready to want to put out that kind of money to purchase something like this. It's always fun to dream but for now I'm happy (and thankful) with my current option.







8 comments:

  1. We have a early 90s PowerStroke F250 that has been a peach of a truck (it was Rick's vet truck before it became our farm truck). I will be very sad when it finally dies.... Our trailer is a Sooner aluminum 3-horse slant, modified with a top rack with water tank for horse-camping. It's a sweet trailer we got used, but wouldn't be big enough for a 17hh WB – not that I would ever have one of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had replied to this...but apparently it didn't work. I have a friend with a similar truck and it's very nice!

      Delete
  2. I really want a trailer like what you already have lol. I'll try to join the blog hop when the weather straightens up long enough for me to get pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally added my link! Sorry it took so long. :)

      Delete
  3. 1995 F250 Powestroke. We pull a 1995 steel Trails West 2 horse slant (custom build, it's actually an extra tall 3 horse chassis). So, it is heavy. I have only ever hauled one horse in it and the truck does awesome with it. Our truck rocks and has been very well maintained by Hubs it's whole life. In the future, when we need a crew cab as Junior gets older, we plan to upgrade to a F350 or dodge 3500. At that point, I will have no fear of hauling two horses in my trailer. I love my trailer, so I have intentions of ever upgrading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haul with my beat-up old Ford and an old trailer that my folks gave me before they passed. They used to own a carnival back in the day and had old equipment left from when they hauled the animals around. Not sure exactly what kind it is but it still works like a charm after all these years.

    Donald Corral @ Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!