Sunday, July 20, 2014

Jessica


This note greeted me last Friday (the 11th), when I got to the barn. I was up there to clean Willow up before taking her home on Saturday. It sounded kind of interesting, so I decided to inquire. I sent the horse owner (J) an email on Sunday morning and she called me just a few minutes later. She suggested that I come meet her and we set up an appointment for later that afternoon. 

When we got to her barn I met Jessica. She's an 18 year old, Swedish Warmblood/Appendix cross. She has had years of dressage training before spending the last couple of years trail riding with the owner's niece. J's niece moved to Texas, taking Jessica with her, and then shipped her home about 18 months later when she decided she wanted to do cutting. Jessica has been hanging out since January and J decided she'd like to find someone that would use her. She hadn't been ridden since January but I hopped right on and we started working. She's forward and wants to be quick, but she was fun to ride. After some hemming and hawing and trying one other horse, I decided to take her. 

J came out to approve NDF today, and we got two thumbs up. I picked Jessica up this evening and now we start this next adventure. I'm hopeful that she will be a great fit for the coming years and we can work on our dressage while trail riding and having a good time. Our first goal is to start getting her back in shape and just figuring each other out. 



Video of her dad, Juvel 9024. He was a reserve horse for the 1988 Olympics and won a Silver medal at the Pan-American Games in 1991. 

16 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! Can't wait to see more about her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Th as is amazing. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Familiar with Juvel, and had a SWB mare of different breeding myself. May she be all you hope and want her to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how things "line up", isn't it? Have fun with her and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that is so awesome!!!! She is gorgeous!!!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. You know Jessica will fit in perfectly since she's bay LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I do love those bays...although I want a grey some day. :)

      Delete
  7. She's pretty! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! She's so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!