Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Nothing Fits

Actually, I probably shouldn't go quite as far as to say nothing fits, but I'm in need of a few things for Jessie. My micklem is the only thing that really fits her well, and it actually fits her much better than it did Roz. My 48 inch girth is too small, so I've been borrowing Mystic's 52. She has big withers so my saddle doesn't sit very well on her. I'm borrowing a riser pad from Tarra to use, which improved the saddle position immensely. On top of that I only have one bit in her size, but thankfully she seems fine with it. Is anybody looking to get rid of either size 52 girth or a riser pad? I'd love to buy them used if possible.

Jessie has met me at the gate every night and seems happy to hang out with me. Monday night she got her tail washed and banged. It looks so much better! She has been a bit nervous but we had our best ride yet tonight. It seems that when she gets worried she gets tense and up & down/prancy. We definitely need to work on her being less sucked back and more forward. By the end of our ride her trot had opened up a lot and her walk was way better. Now I just have to remember to take it slow with her to build up her fitness since she has been out of work for almost 8 months.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear she's doing so great! Have you checked English Tack Trader on Facebook? I feel like I see a ton of used girth's on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you don't need a 48" girth! I have two sitting around that I can't use, since I somehow forgot my little dude goes in a 52. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has a great trot!! I feel you on the tack thing.... Chrome just broke one of my bridle today.. Sigh. I'm glad you're enjoying your new girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!