Monday, September 1, 2014

DIY - Ribbons

For years I have had Roz's ribbons hanging up on my wall....


Although I have enjoyed displaying them that way I have been on the look out for another idea for storing (and displaying) them. I had seen a jar idea various places on the internet and finally decided to give it a try.


I bought the jar at TJ Maxx for 12.99 and that was my only expense (although I'd hate to add up what it cost to win the ribbons). I made sure to get a jar with a lid to keep the dust out. It was super easy to do and was a quick project. Since I mainly did combined tests and events with Roz, where you only got 1 ribbon for 2 or 3 rides, he didn't really have that many ribbons. If he had more I think I would have probably picked out only the blues or maybe just the ones that meant a lot to me. As it was, they were all able to go in my jar. A week later they have "settled" a bit. I think I may add some tissue paper to the center of the jar to keep the ribbons closer to the edge.  Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out. 



What is your favorite way to keep your ribbons? 

16 comments:

  1. I did something similar with a basketball display box and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds awesome. I'd love to see a photo.

      Delete
  2. That looks so good! I tried something similar with a TJ Maxx vase, but it didn't look nearly as good as yours does, so I scrapped it. Maybe I should try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should definitely try again. I think I got lucky that my jar was a good size. I think it could be a problem if it were too big or too small.

      Delete
  3. Love the jar Idea an did it with a handful of my ribbons I'm keeping with a Jar I got from my moms house. I really love the jar you chose though. Super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen that idea; I like it! I usually just throw mine away after awhile....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thrown plenty away...just none of Roz's. I think I may end up throwing some of Emi's away since I plan to have her for a long time.... :)

      Delete
  5. This looks great! I may need to try this with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Now I just need some ribbons haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great!!! I love it. It keeps them clean too. Perfect. I don't know if I'll ever have enough ribbons to do something like that since I don't really plan to compete. Darn. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!