Sunday, October 19, 2014

Puttin' on the Pink

I had been posting about some of the things that kept me so busy the first week that I had Benny. One of my commitments was participating as a model for "Puttin' on the Pink." This is a style show of cancer survivors that is put on as a fundraiser for a Project HER (Help, Enlightenment, Resources). If you have been reading along for any length of time you know I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago, when I was 24. The big style show was last Saturday and it was a lot of fun. When I first agreed to be in this years event they told us they wanted it to be the most fun we had had since being diagnosed. It was a neat experience and I really really enjoyed meeting and getting to know the other survivors that were involved. There were so many awesome people and so much joy.




To go along with that, Racing to Ride is hosting a "ponies in pink" contest. With that in mind I dressed Benny up this afternoon and we took some photos. Some breast cancer survivors are bothered by "Pinktober." Let's face, there's nothing fluffy and pink about having cancer or going through treatments. At the same time, I really don't have a problem with something that brings increased awareness and research dollars to finding a real cure for cancer. Through my style show event I met a lady who has metastatic breast caner. She was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer 7 years ago and then earlier this year she discovered that it had metastasized. According to an article she shared, 3 out of 10 women diagnosed with early stage breast cancer will progress to metastatic breast cancer. How uncool is that!? 

I could use your help in picking which photo to submit. 

1)

2)
3)





19 comments:

  1. These are all so good! #3 is my favorite but I like them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, but #2 and #3 are my favorites. Also, you looked absolutely stunning in the Puttin' on the Pink photos! I've always kind of wondered if there were people that didn't appreciate Pinktober and I could understand why some wouldn't. Thank you for participating, no matter what picture you use :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun to get all dressed up.

      Delete
  3. Ahh you look gorgeous and so does your horsie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think he is quite cute.

      Delete
  4. i like 3 (and the last one too) - but they're all great! glad you enjoyed the big style show too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all but #3 is my favorite! I'm so loving that someone else put ribbons on their gelding hehehe. I got teased mercilessly by my friends for doing that and it was even blue ribbons LOL! They said I needed a mare if I wanted to play dress up. Chrome doesn't mind though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered using Emi but there isn't as much "stuff" I could put on her, so Benny was it.

      Delete
  6. Wow. Talk about a hot momma! You look gorgeous anyway, but I am so glad that you had a great time at the show. And, even though all of the photos are wonderful, I am really loving the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my fav is number 2. Also, love your lipstick color!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!