Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Routine

It has felt so good to get back in to a riding routine! I actually expected it would be a little bit harder than it has been. It definitely helps that Benny is awesome and I look forward to riding him.

He was really good tonight. I've started introducing him to leg yielding down the wall (facing it). Last night he gave me a few of the best steps he has given me. Tonight the whole thing was way easier, like he was really getting what I was asking him to do. His trot to canter transitions are getting much more prompt and reliable. His canter is where he needs the most work. He really canters with his haunches in, particularly to the right. Tonight as we cantered down the long side I thought about getting him in more of a shoulder-fore position and voilá...a relatively straight cantering horse. It was nice! It's definitely in there, it's just going to take more practice and strength.

And really...what's not to like about that face!?

10 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you're having fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to riding is so important - he's such a good boy! i've been trying leg yeilding down the wall too, with mixed results (mostly bc i'm very uncoordinated). glad he's figuring it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I think so. He's definitely growing on me. :)

      Delete
  4. He's awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG he looks so precious in a flash!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!