Thursday, October 16, 2014

Settling In

Benny continues to settle in well. He's now going out in the gelding pasture and I think he has blended in to the herd pretty easily. He seems to be staying out of the way and he's fairly low in the pecking order. Last night I gave him a sport horse mane and I really like his new look. It's amazing how a change in hair can make a difference for the overall look. 


Tomorrow he gets his hooves trimmed and then Saturday I'm heading to a big tack sale in the area. I'm keeping an eye out for a smaller bridle, a size 76 rain sheet & cooler, along with side reins and maybe hoof boots (if Roz's don't fit). I'm going to try Roz's boots on him tomorrow after he gets trimmed. Right now his feet are huge since they are overgrown. I can't wait to see how they will look all cleaned up. 
The view from my ride tonight
Foamy mouth when we got done

10 comments:

  1. He is so handsome! I like his new haircut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! He grows on me a little more every day.

      Delete
  2. Saw his video on instagram. I love how he moves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He has a super walk and trot. His canter needs more work but I think it will get there.

      Delete
  3. love the shorter mane on him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another upvote for the shorter mane. Also, that is a TRUE Arabian bridle path he is sporting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. He will be growing the bridle path out over the winter.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!