Saturday, November 8, 2014

Awesome Day

I had a super day today. Not only was it Saturday, but it was sunny outside, I got plenty of pony time, and then tonight I got to watch Cardi win at the National Dressage Finals.

I rode Benny late this morning and took him on our first "trail ride." We didn't go too far today but it was nice to get out of the arena and see how Benny would handle the wide open spaces. True to his normal good pony self, he was awesome. We encountered a big trailer, a few brush piles, a large metal chicken, two horses blasting at the fence, and some cows.  A little looky in a few spots but willing to keep going with just a little side step here and there.  I can't wait to start taking him out more.



Then this afternoon Roz and Emi got some pasture time. They were so stoked and were blasting around the moment I let them out. I glanced down for a minute to latch the gate behind them and looked up just as Roz was wiping out! Thankfully he got up and carried on like it didn't happen and his smartpak blanket seems no worse for the wear. I took some photos while they played and then  left them on their own while I tidied up the barn. I could spend hours out there!









Picture perfect
In the time they were outside, this boy rolled at least 5 times. What a goofball!

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a good ride and I love the pictures of them playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really think Roz needed to be retired??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that Cardi won! So cool!

    Yay Benny for being such a good boy! Emi is so gorgeous. She doesn't even look like she's started growing a winter coat yet. I'm glad Roz is fine from his wipeout. Silly boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is still pretty sleek, which is surprising.

      Delete
  4. sounds like a great trail ride! and love the pics of them running around like maniacs lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear Emi gets ten times bigger every time you post pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? She's really growing up fast.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!