Friday, November 21, 2014

Home at Last

Emi got to come home today. They ran a CBC first thing this morning and it looked much better. I was expecting her to be a wild child when she finally got brought out of her isolation stall (that she's been in since Monday) but she walked out flat footed and proceeded to the trailer with out an issue. She loaded easily and off we went!
Waiting for the tech to come let her out of isolation. She was nickering at the door. 
When we arrived at home Roz was calling for her but she ignored him and quietly got off the trailer. Once I put her with Roz she cruised all around their paddock while Roz followed along like a lost puppy. They are just too cute together. I kept an eye out for a little while and then left them alone. She definitely lost some weight during the whole ordeal (although she had a little to lose). She's eating well and I saw her drinking too. I'm supposed to keep checking her temperature twice a day for the next week. If it exceeds 101.5 I'm supposed to contact the vet. I took her temperature tonight around 7pm and it was exactly 101.5. I'm resisting the urge to go check it again and we'll just see how it is in the morning. I think my baby pony is going to give me ulcers! LOL 


Rozzy Ridge said "thank you" for bringing his sissy home. He was being super sweet with me. 
Update:  Emi's temp was 100.8 this morning (Saturday) and she seemed back to her normal self. Yah!

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she's home! Horses give me ulcers too... :\ They are so good at making us worry. I'll keep my fingers crossed her temp stays down so she can do the rest of her recovering at home. Isolation can't be any fun. Give her a hug for us please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got lots of love this morning. :)

      Delete
  2. So glad she is home!! Did they ever figure out what was wrong?

    Hugs to Emi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a large colon impaction that led to colitis.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad that she got to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see her at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy she's home! My horse definitely gives me ulcers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!! what a relief - hopefully it's smooth sailing from here out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUZZAH!! I am so happy to see her at home <3

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!