Tuesday, November 11, 2014

She's Outgrown Another One

I put Emi's halter on last night and noticed that it's getting small. Of course then I needed to pull out all of the big halters I've been keeping for her. Her leather halter that was a gift from her breeder now fits, although it's a bit large in the throatlatch.


The same holds through for the cute flowery halter that Tarra got for us. The final one I had was the larger version of the halter that is too small. It's a hand me down from April and Pants and it was hardly used. I have to say, it's kind of sad to retire her baby halters.
They grow up fast!
Then while I was doing her evening brushing I came across an owie on her face. As I was messing with that I realized they are hives again! Seriously!? I started her on Smartdigest Ultra on Sunday night and she was on the pasture for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday. I didn't notice any hives last night. I suspect it's something on the pasture but I really wish I knew what it was. Does anyone have any great recommendations for a horse that seems to get hives easily? They are on her face and the underside of her neck.

4 comments:

  1. That halter from her breeder is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't wait for her to start wearing it.

      Delete
  2. I love that halter! It was sad when Chrome grew out of his baby halter, but exciting too. He only grew out of one though because after the first one I used my homemade rope halter until he was big enough for an adult halter lol. Sorry about the hives. I wish I knew something helpful but I'm baffled too. All I know is to check for anything new that she could be allergic to... hay, shavings, fly spray, etc. It could be anything. :/ Good luck figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it's frustrating because I hate to think they may be bothering her.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!