Monday, November 17, 2014

Still Fighting

Keep praying for my baby girl. Emi is holding her own but she's not out of the woods yet. As soon as I arrived at work this morning I went to check on her. Her stall had been roped off and there was a fan blowing on her. I checked her chart which was nearby and her last temperature recorded was 104.2! I knew they were beginning to treat her as an isolation case so I didn't get close enough to pet her, although I could see that she was happily munching hay.

A couple hours later her "colic" doctor came to see me to let me know that she was being transferred to one of the internal medicine doctors (since the colic has resolved). She was also moved to the actual isolation area. The internal medicine vet came to visit me after lunch and was pretty positive about her case. He told me that Emi's physical exam was unremarkable and that her appetite and attitude were both good. Her feces are soft but she doesn't have diarrhea. Her two issues at this point are the fever and a dropping white blood cell count. He hopes that she will stabilize with in the next 24 hours. They are currently having a culture done to rule out salmonella and we'll see how she looks tomorrow. There's never a dull moment around here!

19 comments:

  1. Poor baby, I hope she gets back to feeling better soon! Thinking good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, she is having quite the run of bad luck! Let's hope she's getting all her "sick days" used up now, as a baby, and then never has another one all the days of her life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I said today! She will have used up her allotment.

      Delete
  3. This sounds a LOT like what happened with Simon. Thinking of tall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending Emi a ton more get well soon thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no -- keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a quick recovery and sending healing vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very scary. glad the vets are all optimistic and positive. you're in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you well wishes and good healing vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending hugs and get better feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you work at the same place she is staying. That has to be somewhat reassuring. I'm praying for her!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!