Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Week

It's been a lovely few days off of work for Thanksgiving. The horses are doing well. After Roz tested negative for equine influenza I got a new bag of grain for him just in case there was something wrong with the other one I had. It may have been a coincidence but he actually ate all of his grain after I got the new bag and has been eating well since then. 
I let him have one naked day and this is what he looked like. 
This was a photo I posted on Emi's Facebook page...three faces I'm thankful for. All three have different personalities and they bring me a lot of joy. What's not to love?


I've had really great rides on Benny this week. I'm beginning to really feel like I have a dressage horse! His work is getting better and better and I'm starting to work him being more adjustable. He's got a good work ethic and seems to like having a job. Last night we were standing around visiting with a friend and he was being adorable. He was sniffing me up one side and down the other, cuddling with me, and having me blow in his nose. It's been fun getting to know him better.

After our ride this morning
He was hoping I'd have another couple cookies for him before he headed out to the field. 
In my opinion Emi colicked due to a quick change in the weather from a lovely late summer feel to cold winter weather. I suspect that she was cold and wasn't drinking like she should have been. To help with that I decided she needs a blanket. I had no idea what size to get her and Tarra said she purchased a size 66 for Mylo but that Emi seemed bigger than him. I tried on a size 72 blanket liner and that fit her fairly well. As it turned out, a friend of mine had a size 72 blanket that was too small for her horse. Its a big on the big side but I expect that in a few more months it will be the perfect fit. It's supposed to drop back into the 20's overnight so she got dressed in her warm clothes for the night. I can't believe she almost fits a size 72 at 18 months. Isn't she adorable? 


12 comments:

  1. All three of your bay horses are adorable! Glad everyone is hale and hearty again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her fabulous diva hair in the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her forelock is getting so long and is finally less poofy!

      Delete
  3. i never realized how similar Emi & Benny's snips are! Emi looks super cute in her blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do have similar snips. So cute!

      Delete
  4. Benny sounds like such a sweetheart!! Also Emi is adorable in her new blanket. :D I'm shocked she wears a 72!! Chrome is full grown at 15.2hh and wears a 76 lol. How tall is Emi now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the 72 is a little bit big. I'm guessing a 69 or 70 would be a perfect fit but I don't want her to outgrow it right away.

      Delete
  5. All three are adorable! I'm glad that you had good rides on Benny and that Emi is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all have such adorable ears!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!