Tuesday, December 23, 2014

10 Questions

10 questions taken from Viva Carlos.

1. What size horse do you prefer to ride? I like riding something that's around 15.2hh although I don't mind them being shorter than that if they have a big body.
15.2hh Rozzy Ridge
2. Do you school in tall boots or half chaps and paddock boots? I used to school in my tall boots but they currently have a broken zipper and I now have new smartpak half chaps which I really like. 

3. What do you do with your ribbons after shows? 
I am good about writing the date, class, and horse on the ribbons as soon as I get them but what I do with them depends on the horse I'm riding. If it's not one of my horses then I normally end up throwing them away. I have all of the ribbons I won with Roz and recently made a ribbon jar for his. Emi's will be hung up in my room for now; I will eventually probably do the same ribbon jar idea with hers. 

4. Do you ride/board at a large show barn or a small private barn? I board Benny at a small private barn and I love it! 



5. Have you ever seen a horse give birth? No. April and I missed my mare foaling by about an hour. We had slept at the barn and been up half the night then around 11am the next morning while we were both at work she foaled. It was a rip off for sure!


6. What is your favorite breed? I like most breeds and mainly feel like a good horse is a good horse regardless of their breed. 

7. Favorite tack brand? I don't have one.

8. Would you ever buy used tack? I often buy used tack. 

9. Ever been on a carriage ride? Yes, around Dublin Ireland. 

10. How often do you go to the tack store? I make a tack/feed store trip at least once a week if not twice. That's how it goes with having two horses at home! 

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree, about the horse not the breed- tho i am NOT an Arab fan lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The arabs are growing on me...or at least the half arabs! Haha. In the group shot the horse on the left along with both horses on the right (Benny being one of them) are 1/2 arabs.

      Delete
  2. Carriage ride.... in Dublin Ireland.... OMG so jealous!!! That is awesome!!!! I love your ribbon jar. If I ever decide to show I'm totally doing that no matter what color ribbons we bring home. :) Also that picture of you and Roz is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in Dublin! :) I will try to find pictures and post them soon.

      Delete
    2. That would be awesome! I would love to see them. :D

      Delete
  3. what a close miss on the foaling!! i would have been seriously bummed lol - but at least ya still got Emi out of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!