Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Plans & Goals

For the last couple of years I've felt a little bit "blah" about my horse plans. I'm not really sure how to explain it. I've been excited about Emi but didn't want to overdo it with her and I knew we had a long way to go before I would be riding with her. Now that Emi is getting older and I have Benny I am once again so motivated and excited. I decided monthly goals comes up too quickly for me so we are just going to do yearly goals/plans with a possible mid year check in.

Roz: I just want to keep the old dude happy and healthy.


Emi: The baby girl has a lot to work on in this next year. I'd like to be trailering her out once a month.  We will continue to pony her and hopefully get her out on the trails by this spring/summer. I also want to take her back to Perrydale Trails, cross country schooling, and hopefully to the Mountain Trail course next Fall. I'm not sure if I will show her at all but we'll see. We also need to continue working on ground manners, tying (for patience), and clipping.


Benny: I'm so excited to see where Benny ends up this year. I plan to start taking lessons on him soon. Then it's time to prep for some horse shows!  This winter I'd like to start him over fences, even if it's just enough to take him intro at a one day event. I want to purchase a dressage saddle for him and to show him in a few league dressage shows. Aside from learning to jump and improving our dressage we will continue to trail ride. I have several spots I want to go ride this year including Silver Falls State Park, Willamette Mission State Park, and Elijah Bristow State Park. I've never ridden at any of those places but they aren't that far from us and I've wanted to go for several years. Benny is also going to put in some miles ponying Emi. After I scope out some of these new trail places I'd like to haul Emi with us.


I have a feeling this next year is going to go by so fast. I'm excited to have so many fun plans and am looking forward to seeing how we all grow and develop through out the next year.

5 comments:

  1. All the years seem to be going by fast! It's crazy!

    All three of your bays are so gorgeous. I love all of the pictures. :D You set some great goals and I am so excited she read about your progress. 2015 is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willamette Mission and Elijah Bristow are my absolute favorites! Sounds like you've got some great goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bay horses all the way around! Cheers to a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so many fun things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm super excited to see where you and Benny go this year!! good luck with all your goals!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!