Sunday, February 15, 2015

Liam the Donkey

I got a donkey! Well actually...he's technically my dad's donkey. I've wanted a mini-donkey for a long time. While we were in Ireland my dad said he'd get a mini donkey when my nephew (who was only about 4 months at the time) asked for a donkey. We've all be coaching, Finley, and my mom got him to say "I want a donkey, Papa" on Christmas. 

Then this adorable little guy was hanging out at work being used for one of the classes. When they were done with him he was going to go back to the person who brought him in or he was for sale for $100. I had seen him several times and the people who were working with him said he was a super boy. Long story short, my dad said okay to getting him and I brought him home on Tuesday. 

This donkey is so darn cute. The horses were quite interested when he arrived and Roz was simply enamored. Roz hardly left the fence line for the first 3 or 4 days that he was here. Liam is as sweet as can be and very social. He brays when you come outside and loves to be petted. I'm having trouble finding a halter that fits him since he has an unusually shaped head. I've finally figured out that if I punch some extra holes in the crown piece of one of Emi's baby leather halters it will fit him perfectly. 


Last night I improvised with with Emi's (current) halter and I took Liam down to check the mail. He was perfect! We are having an "open farm" a the end of March for people who want to bring their kids out to see the lambs and such. Liam is going to be a hit for sure!





19 comments:

  1. SO cute with his big blaze and ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at his FACE!!! Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SQUEEEE!!! You are so lucky we don't live closer. Between the sexy Roz, cute Emmi, and now the donkey. I Would be stealing all your equines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute! We love our mini-donkey, he's definitely the favorite family member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh omg sooo cute!!! lol i'm so jealous of your little mini donk - they are my favorite haha. can't wait to hear more about him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is pretty cute, though I like brays as far away from me as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll agree with you...the braying is pretty darn loud! It's actually funny that something so little can make such a big noise. Thankfully he usually just does it once to greet you and that's about it.

      Delete
  7. Nothing in this world cuter than a mini donk, except maybe a mini donk with a big white blaze playing with a jolly ball! Those ears in that last picture... I'm in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ommmmggg! I love mini donkeys. My trainer has two -- Jose and JoJo -- and they are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw about Liam on Facebook, but it's cool to hear the full story. Way to go coaching your nephew hehe. Liam is adorable!!!!!! Donkeys are awesome! :D I already have a donkey, but I still want a mini horse....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!